On May 31 2015, CAA Manitoba and the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT) have teamed up to host the first-ever CarFit event in Manitoba. At the CarFit event, 25 trained volunteers completed a 12-point checklist with 30 pre-registered drivers.
- Mature drivers get a refresher course to stay safe behind the wheel – “We are trying to enable people to be behind the wheel as long as possible,” said Nick Mccarthy of CAOT. “Mobility is a right.”
- ‘CarFit’ to Keep Mature Drivers on the Road – The auto club has teamed up with the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapist for the first-ever CarFit.
- Drivers never too old to pick up a few pointers – “Mobility is a right and we want to ensure that that right is available,” McCarthy said.
- Updated drivers’ education key to seniors’ safety on the roads, event shows – CAA Manitoba and the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT) teamed up to host the first CarFit event held in Manitoba.
- CAA Manitoba offers free driving assessments to seniors
- Une formation gratuite pour les conducteurs âgés du Manitoba – Pour la première fois au Manitoba, un atelier pratique de conduite est dispensé gratuitement aux personnes de 65 ans et plus.
- Updated drivers’ education key to seniors’ safety on the roads, event shows